Thursday, March 11, 2010

Update on Oakcrest.

So on Monday of this week I started feeling as if I didn't get the job at Oakcrest. I just had this deep foreboding sense that they decided not to take me even though I'm totally qualified. It's stuck with me over the last few days.

Well, last night while I was tutoring my first student I got the call. You know that terrible call saying that you didn't get the job, but we would love to hear from you next year if you are still interested.

Why, is my question. You denied me this year most likely because I have two tattoos and because I'm too old. Seeing as they like their girls to be 19 and have only one year of college behind them. What's going to change next year that's going to allow you to decide that I'm worthy enough to work for you?

Don't get me wrong on this. I totally understand the part about the tattoos. It's stupid, but I understand it. So yeah. I think it was a good opportunity and I would've made a great camp counselor. But the Lord clearly has other plans for me for this summer.

Well there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment